Friday, June 17, 2011

State of the Union

This Friday is the sweetest day I can imagine for a State of the Union. Several weeks ago I left for a 2 1/2 month teaching trip overseas, and I knew I wouldn't be blogging all summer. Through a series of events, I chose to cut the trip short and come home. One day I'll share with you the details of what went down, but I don't feel it's time right now. Just know that I'm blessed to be home safe and sound, and I pray I never take this country or this freedom for granted again.

To say I have some "ins" and "outs" this week would be an understatement. But I'm going to stick to some pretty simple ones today.


In:

freedom


justice


home


my parents and Cash waking up at 4 in the AM to skype with me for hours just to make sure I was okay


being driven an extra 2 1/2 hours from the airport to be surprised with a dinner with my love



Out:

people who wake you up during naptime


130 degree heat


being covered head to toe


eating in the back of a car


not being allowed in a restaurant because I'm a woman


oppression


I'm so ready to spend 2 weeks with my sweet man. Next Friday is Kelly's Show Us Your Life Singles day...ummmm...CAN'T WAIT!!! It's only fitting that I'll be with Cash on the same day. haha. See you sweets later!

1 comment: