Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Our Journey Through Fetal Medicine: She's Here!

Monday afternoon on a rainy Houston day we met our precious AnnLouise Scout Pullin. She met us with a small cry and big, bright eyes. Every part of her is perfect.

Because they thought she would be small and other complications which gave concern, the doctors were hesitant to ramp up the pitocin too much so the labor was a bit longer than we had hoped. But she did GREAT. The only time her heart rate dipped was toward the end when the contractions were at their peak. I was already at a 9, so they knew they could monitor and let me have her naturally.

Meeting her was surreal. When they laid her on me and I met her for the first time on this side of the ultrasound machine, all I could think was that God knew I needed her and knew the world needed to know of His miracles.


I was worried I wouldn't love her like I do Henry. Not because of her complications but because I didn't know how to love like that times 2. But I do. I hold her hand and stare at her and...love her. I fell in love with Henry in a way I didn't know...the way a mother loves a child. I fell in love with AnnLouise in a new way...in a way I didn't know God loved us. His miracle in her life has given me a new understanding and focus for His absolute love of us.

We got some time with her before she was sent to NICU. We tried to get Henry to be interested in her, but he mostly picked his nose. Finally, he did give her some kisses, but our only picture as a family of 4 was of him screaming. Oh, memories.



Once she headed up to NICU, we knew Henry wouldn't be able to see her again until we went home. Cash and I and our parents have been able to spend time with her as she receives her care. Henry is getting lots of grandparent time. I don't think he will be ready for his vacation to be over!




I wanted to let you all know that our sweet, baby girl is here. She's handling life well so far. Once we know the complete picture of her diagnosis and steps forward, I will update. Right now we are working to get all the specialty teams together. Your prayers for our sweet miracle and our decisions as parents are appreciated. We knew this would be a new stage in this journey once she was here, but nothing prepares you for what you will face. I need strength to speak up, ask questions, and to be her voice. Please pray for that.

Thank you to everyone who has sent messages. We read every single one. Sometimes I read them repeatedly. Thank you to Webb City Baptist Church who sent the most beautiful flowers--you all show God's love so well, and it was felt in Houston, Texas yesterday! Thank you to the Bonner family who has visited and prayed with us this week--what a beautiful orchestration God ordained in giving us long time friends at a time and place where it was desperately needed. Thank you to so many like the group in Hot Springs who held a prayer vigil for her. Thank you to our parents who watch Henry, visit AnnLouise, and keep our heads up when we want to sit and cry. And thank you to our silent prayer warriors. You all have prayed for AL and for us so much. We truly have felt it. Your continued prayers are coveted as we transition into the unknown.

Much love--
Avery

13 comments:

  1. So thankful that she is here! I ave been following your story and praying. Continued prayers for her health and you all as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie! The prayers mean the world to us.

      Delete
  2. She is absolutely beautiful! My morning was spent hearing all about her from B and A, and I loved every minute of it. Seeing the excitement and love in their eyes just makes my day. Continuing to pray for you and your sweet family. We serve and amazing God, and he has his arms around you all! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynn! And thabknyou for loving my little boogers. They adore you!!

      Delete
  3. She is so beautiful! I am praying for her and am in awe of your strength.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carmie! It is the prayers being lifted for us that give us any strength we can muster. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. You are loved by many, but especially by the Lord that you have trusted in. Praying for you still. Love from the Rosses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane! We are blessed with a wonderful network of support. Love you all!

      Delete
  5. She is absolutely beautiful and perfect A! We will continue to send up prayers for you both! Love you all and miss you tremendously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindz! So good to hear from you! Xoxo

      Delete
    2. Please let me know next time you are in AR! I'm sure it will be a while now but it seems I never know you are here until you are already back in TX! I miss you so much! We should be more apart of each other's lives!

      Delete
  6. I'm so happy she's here! She is precious. I pray for her (and you) constantly. Your strength amazes me. God is so good. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete