Friday, April 8, 2011

Isaiah 40:31

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." --Isaiah 40:31

I just realized I never wrote about my whole week in Texas. Maybe I was overwhelmed with how many things I'd have to write to encompass the magnitude of the week. Best week of my life. Hands down.

God has blessed me beyond words with the man he brought into my life. I know I say that a lot, but the truth is that I really mean it a lot.

After the engagement break-up, I quickly knew that God had something more in store for me. I didn't exactly think it was a relationship...just something more. I was living such a hypocritical life at the time, and He really had to throw me out of a situation to not only wake me up but purify me as well. My heart could burst with joy from the mercy God showed me when He saved me from myself.

I could never praise Him enough for what He's done for me...forever. But saving me from a lifetime of roller coasters, unhappiness, and bitterness is overwhelming to me. To have saved me from it would have been enough. But He blessed me through it as well.

Looking back over the last year and a half, I see how God was preparing me for the relationship Cash and I now have. From Beth Moore studies and conferences to starting grad school, all of it is part of the puzzle He created just for us.

When I graduated college, I wanted to teach for the rest of my life. I wanted live in my hometown. I wanted to settle right there. Now, I love education. And I love my hometown. But God hasn't allowed me to stop and get comfortable. He has pushed me to continue to grow and be challenged. With this He's given me the ability to see a wider world...to be able to adapt in new situations. I laugh at myself sometimes--how different life and my perception are. Had I met Cash 2 years ago, we would've lasted our first phone conversation because I would've not been able to even imagine leaving Ozark (nevertheless Arkansas). However, God has used this time to move me to a new town, new church, new friends, new family. I've learned that it's okay to not just have roots. It's okay to have wings too. And I hear that flat land with high winds makes it easy to fly...

1 comment:

  1. BLOG. So I can continue not writing my brief...give me something else to do!

    ReplyDelete