Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Blog Game

I know it's been quite stiff and serious around here lately, so I decided to play a blog game. Ya know, lighten the mood. No, it's not good ol' Oregon Trail or Free Ski (holla 1990s), but it's not politics. Can I get an amen?

Here's how the game goes:


~you must post the rules
~post 11 fun facts about yourself
~answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you & then create 11 questions to ask the people you've tagged
~tag 11 people and link them in your post
~let them know you have tagged them
 
Basically, someone loves the number 11 and made a game of it. I saw this on a fellow Kelly's-Korner-Turned-Me-Into-A-Mrs. blog and thought it sounded a lot more fun than reading American Public Mind right now. All right. Let's get at it.
 
Fun Facts
 
1.  Even though I've been teaching for 4 years, I still have no idea where I want my career to eventually take me.

2. I once ate a wasper...because my sister forced me to. (aka a wasp for all you non-rural Arkansans)

3. Keeping up with the Kardashians is my favorite show. True story--even above political shows. If Cash calls during a new episode, I say, "Oh my gosh, I'll have to call you back. The Kardashians are on!!" sigh

4. When I was little, I hid under my parents bed every day during the summers because my sister told me people were on their way to kidnap me.

5. No one ever gave me a mixed CD, and I feel like maybe I missed out on something there. haha

6. My high school mascot was a Hillbilly. The preacher at the First Baptist was our mascot on Friday nights, and he would shoot a shotgun when the football team scored a touchdown. This is all true.

7. Praise and worship is my favorite time during church. If I can't stand and raise my hands, I'm probably not going to be a member of that church. It's just my time with God.

8. I adore senior citizens. Adore.

9. My worst habit is constantly checking my bank account. I'm OCD about it.

10. If Zack Morris would have me, I might jump right in that time machine and go have myself a burger with that hunk. (I'm really reminiscing of the '90s today, huh?)

11. I would be mad if you took my sports away; but I would never get over it if you took my politics away. 

Leslie's Questions

1. If you could raid any celebrity's closet, who would it be and why?
 Kim K, duh, because I am obsessed with all things Kardashian. (side note--Cash, I really would like to go to a Mavs game. I love you.--end side note)

2. If you were a shoe, what would you look like?
I big a red stiletto, c'mon now! 

3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
incorrect subject/verb agreement--That's not just the English teacher in me talking. That's the nerd in me talking.
 
4. Favorite song of all-time?
"Young Love" by the Judds
 
5. Are you a dog person or a cat person? And why? (If you don't like animals, we can't be friends.)
Dog. I hate cats. I hate looking at them. I hate how they try to rub on my leg. I hate how mysterious they are. I hate them.
 
6. You're queen for a day. How do you spend your royal 24 hours?
I'd wave, wave, touch the pearl, wipe the cheek, switch. And I'd take 3,096 pictures to post them on social media. ;)
 
7. What's the most delicious thing you've ever eaten?
my brother-in-law's baked beans
 
8. What scares you the most? (This can be deep and complex or shallow...whateva you feel like!)
men who break into my room when I'm in the Middle East--I mean, not really a tough question for me. ha.
 
9. Which celebrity do you wish would drift off into obscurity?
Courtney off the Bachelor. I guess she's a celebrity now.
 
10. You're 16 years old again. What advice would you give your younger self? 
Don't date him. Study for Chemistry instead.
 
11. What's your Starbucks order?
Tall Caramel Macchiato
 
My Questions
 
1. What is your biggest goal in life?
2. If you could vacation to any place in the world with unlimited means, where would you go?
3. What is your best childhood memory?
4. What is your most embarrassing moment of all time?
5. Do you have a phobia? If so, what is it?
6. What's your morning routine?
7. Not counting a movie made from a Nicholas Sparks book, what is your favorite?
8. Who is your favorite president?
9. What is one quirky habit (or event, party, celebration, etc) your family has?
10. If married--what was the best thing about your wedding? If single--what is one thing you dream about for a wedding one day?
11. What is your best mom advice for a sick person? (And you can't say gargle salt water...)

And now I'm supposed to tag 11 people. I probably won't even have 11 people read this post (ha), so feel free to play along if you wander over this way. If you do play, let me know. I want to read all your interesting info...and I need to see your answer to #11. :)

XOXO...
Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment