Sunday, March 4, 2012

My Life in Pictures

I know I write a lot, so I thought today I would share my life in pictures. Let's see how I do.

My professor came to class with these 2 books on Thursday evening. I was pumped that he thought about my topic and allowed me to borrow these for my literature review.

I've been missing my sweet kiddos. Technically not my kids, but my favorite rugrats!!! I talked to Addi on the phone tonight, and we have plans to make up cheers all next weekend. I found these pictures on my phone from this year's homecoming. My nephew is a stud, what can I say?

March is finally here. That means 1 thing: Spring Break. Do you see that calendar? Do you?? It says Ruidoso, as in New Mexico, as in a trip with Cash. It simply can't come soon enough. I can't remember the last time I traveled somewhere other than Texas. And although I love that place more than you can imagine, it's nice to be able to go somewhere with my love...away from the world.

Cash got his CHL in the mail!! Inevitably this means he went straight to the store to buy a new gun. Obviously much needed seeing how he has an entire arsenal in his house already.

Remember the post I did on Coach Parrish? Well, last week he came to speak to our FCA group and did an awesome job!! I don't know of anyone who could've done better. It meant so much to me that he would come to AMS and speak to my students. I feel so blessed to have had such great taechers and coaches when I was growing up.

And for those of you who wonder why I always put my hand on my hip when I take pictures, this picture should be evidence of why. I feel like such a dork here but was proud of my pic with Coach. You know, looking at these pictures makes me think my dad needs to do another guest post about his tenure on the Ozark boys' basketball team in 7th grade. Yes. That needs to happen.

It's almost turkey season here in the River Valley/Ozark Mountains. I heard that some turkeys have already been spotted near Indian Creek (inside joke for the area hunters). This will be the first time Cash has been turkey hunting, and I can't wait to get him to turkey camp!! It's by far my favorite time of the year.

The Press Argus Courier had an article on the front page last week about our guest speakers on integration. 

I'm learning how to eat salad. Yes, I'm in my mid-twenties. After church today I went to Panera Bread and ordered the BBQ Chicken Salad. Cash says the bbq sauce canceled out the nutritional value of the lettuce, but I think it's a great start to my healthy eating. Anyway, I was proud of myself and actually really liked it.

Also, I got a blog award! My sweet friend Leslie passed it on to me. You probably remember me talking about her. She's in school in Little Rock as is her husband Zach. They are what you would call a power couple. :-) While I'm proud of Les for all of her hard work in school, I'm having mixed emotions about her leaving in just a few months for Budapest for the entire summer! I feel like I NEED her here this summer so bad, but I know this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for her...that and she's going to rock Hungary like a sedimentary formation. Wow, I've been dating a geologist for too long. I'll stop.

I'm supposed to give the award to 5 other blogs, but I don't really know that many blogs since it is for those of us with less than 200 followers. So I chose to give it to 3 blogs that I've been keeping up with lately.
  • My fellow political junkie, Whitney. She lives in DC although hails from the great state of Tennessee. I love reading about her life in our nation's capitol while she plans her dream wedding!
  • Another native Arkansan, Cassie. This chick loves her some Oaklawn Horse Races, one of my favorite spots in The Natural State. Recently her beau just got back from Japan, so it's been exciting to read her anticipation upon his arrival.
  • Last but not least one of my favorite co-workers and sweet friends, Kristen. She and her husband have the most adorable little boy Christian. I love watching him grow up and sympathizing with K as she has started grad school to get her master's in counseling.
In just a few minutes I'm going to watch the new show GCB. And no, not just because it's based in Texas. Because apparently TV on Sundays is null and boring. Sunday TV leads you to posting blogs with a ton of pictures and no real flow. Blah.

XOXO...
Avery Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment