Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I'm Not Even Homesick!

It's been 3 weeks since I've seen my family, quite possibly the longest I have ever gone without them. Definitely the longest I've gone without being super homesick.

People ask me all the time, "Are you homesick yet? Do you miss everyone?" I don't know how to say this---uhm, not really. I miss my mom, my dad, my immediate family. But I know what it's like to miss the other half of my heart. This feeling of missing someone I have now is minimal in comparison.

I'm sure it's going to hit me at some point and be harder than it is now. Now I still feel like I'm on vacation. Once work starts and bills pile up and life gets "normal" here maybe I'll get homesick. As for right now I get the biggest smile on my face when Cash shows up for lunch and then back again for the evening. I missed HIM for a year and a half, y'all!! No way can I be homesick.

Last night a sweet group of women invited me to dinner. Since I had already fixed dinner, I decided to just go and socialize for a little bit. Once I got home I shrieked to Cash, "I missed you so much tonight!!" He said, "Avery, you were gone for 2 hours."

But still.

That being said I conned my sister and brother-in-law into driving to West Texas this weekend. Maybe I do miss them a little bit! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment