Thursday, December 20, 2012

Be Kind...Rewind

This afternoon yours truly is undergoing the knife laser. I've had glasses or contacts since I was about 10 years old, so it got me to thinking about all the new things that have developed (or I've come of age for) since then. And thus, all of the fun things I've never done without corrective vision.

I've never...
  • driven a vehicle
  • seen my husband
  • used a cell phone
  • played on a home computer
  • hugged my niece and nephew
  • had a job
  • put on make-up
without some sort of help from the ol' eye doc. I wonder what the world is going to look like when I don't have to put on an extra set of eyes to see it.

That being said I wanted to do a little "Shoutout to 2012" post before we leave for A-R-K-A-N-S-A-S on Saturday!

They say what you do on New Year's Eve is a precursor for the rest of the year. On Dec 31, 2011, I was in Midland, Texas, with my then-boyfriend. So...statement considered true! Since then...

**We got engaged in March!! Ruidoso, New Mexico, has been my favorite place on Earth since then!!!!

one of the happiest days of my life!
 
**Bobby Petrino wrecked his motorcycle, and after that all bad things broke loose for Arkansas football.
 
Oh, Bobby
 
**In April my parents and I took Cash turkey hunting for the first time in his life. He didn't see one but heard a few. It's a start! (And I think he's kind of hooked now!)

Arkansas turkey woods=love

**Throughout the summer we celebrated with wedding showers--for us and some of our friends! Wedding bliss abounded.



**My sister threw me a baseball bachelorette party in July. Go NWA Naturals!

my little Katie bug <3 td="td">

**In July we obviously got hitched. Best choice I've ever made. Ever.

Calvary Baptist Church, Ozark, Arkansas

**I moved to Cash's hometown of Midland, Texas, after the honeymoon. Here I've met the greatest friends a girl could ask for. They've helped me more in a new town than they'll ever know.

Savannah, Kellye, me, and Heather at Ross and Barb's wedding in Santa Fe

**After President Obama famously said to business owners, "You didn't build that." my husband's CEO had signs made that he placed outside the ClayDesta Center.

'nuf said

**Clayton also threw another ranch party in October, this time with Clint Black as the main entertainment. These have become the most anticipated weekends of the year for me!

Happy 81st birthday, Clayton!

**We also went to the Midland County Women's Republican ball in October right before the election.


MCRW Pink Elephant Ball 2012

**The first weekend in November Cash and I hosted our first Thanksgiving dinner with both sets of our parents. Check that off the "done" list. I don't know if I've cooked since! ha.

First Thanksgiving

**The day of the election we were anticipating celebrating with friends. Friends still came, but we didn't celebrate anything but the right to vote.


**Also in November John L. Smith officially became the worst coach in Razorback football history. Well, I think it's official.

In his words...SMILE

**Earlier in December I got to surprise my family with a little impromptu trip to Arkansas since I wasn't working. I hung out with all my grandparents, some of my cousins, and of course the immediate fam. I even saw my great-great-grandfather's moonshine still, which makes me itching for my own piece of history.


**Simultaneously, Cash went on two hunts in the same week: springbok and aoudad. We've eaten both, and we have loved them!

Cash and his springbok

**Arkansas hired former Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema who better be flippin' good and help us win some games in the SEC, or I'm signing him up for a motorcyle of his own. Good news is he already has a young, hott blonde wife. No need to hire one from the volleyball team.

I'm a Bielemer. haha

**And of course, last but not least, I just accepted a job with a local bank. I could not be more elated. After interviews and phone calls and applications and considering all things "banky", I wanted this bank more than you can imagine. After my second interview, the bank president took me into his office for about 10-15 minutes and talked with me. I had already been through questioning and analyzing and knew I wanted to be there. But as professional and kind as he was, it made my half of the decision even more solid. The next week they called and offered me the job, and I literally just hit print on the final paperwork.

**January 2 I'll be glasses-free and a banker, which makes Cash and I possibly the most hated couple in America: banking and oil. As one man told us last night we should expect a lump of coal for Christmas. Cash pointed out that as a geologist and oilman, coal might actually be a great present for him! Win-win!!

I hope you all have a MERRY CHRISTMAS, and wonderful New Year, and a blessed 2012. From our little house to yours...

Yeah, I spelled "Christmas" wrong on the first try. hahahaha

WPS!!!!

~Avery Jane~

6 comments:

  1. 2012 has been a great year for your Avery! Looking forward to what 2013 holds for you too! Also, best of luck with your surgery - I'm sure it will be lifechanging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2012 has been great for you too! We have both received that coveted MRS degree! :)

      Delete
  2. Hooray! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and sounds like you have a great 2013 waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog through Kelly's Korner, and I'm so excited to read more! I'm currently in NWA (and another hopeful Bielemer!) and half of my family lives in the Midland area, so you can bet I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete