Friday, May 13, 2011

TGIF

Last week I started thinking that I don't celebrate the weekends enough...nor do I celebrate those little things in life near as much as I should. I got really bogged down with grad school this semester, so I was in a pretty rotten mood most of the time. I promised Cash I would try to be better on a more frequent basis...his prayers have been answered. HA! So, I decided to start doing something new on Friday's. I hope you join me!

When I taught 6th grade literacy, my girls were obsessed with these Lisi Harrison books called The Clique Series. I must admit, I read them with the girls. I claimed it was for my teaching responsibilities, but you could find 2 or 3 Clique novels lying around my house at any given time. Busted! Anyway, the protagonist in the book ended everyday with a State of the Union. We won't concentrate on the 3 bad things like she did, but I thought it was a fun way to end the week every week!

May 13 STATE OF THE UNION:

In:
  1. picking up Cash from the airport
  2. Pizza Parlour with Kristen and Megan
  3. 1 of my 2 best friends from high school getting married!
  4. Scotty McCreery is still "in it to win it"
  5. 65 degree days
Out:
  1. floods, rain, and floods
  2. losing satellite signal the last 10 minutes of American Idol
  3. my computer crashing from viruses
Enjoy your weekend...and let me know your State of the Union!

No comments:

Post a Comment