Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Because Cash Is Probably At Work Reading My Blog

I could sit here and tell you all about life right now, but that would consist of 3 things: work, grad school, boyfriend. The first two would bore you, and the third would take too long. So I decided to just do a few questions I found since I know my 6 followers are just dying to see my answers. Okay, actually it's just because I know my boyfriend is probably sitting at work reading my blog, and I want to give him a new post to read. Because I'm a great girlfriend like that. haha.

1. Who/What Inspires You?

Esther, you know, from the Bible. A high school student asked me that same question last year, and I told him the same answer. He looked at me in confusion. What I told him was that Esther completely followed God for her direction in life. It was radical; it was out of the box; but it was her plan. That's what I want to be like. That HS student wrote me a thank you card, and in it he said, "Good luck with being more like Esther." You never know what people will remember about you.

2. What is your favorite season and why?
Turkey season! I love the opening weekend of turkey season: the smells of a campfire, the sounds of a turkey gobbling, the laughter, food, and company. Not to mention it's baseball season...and I do love my outdoor sports after a long winter in the gym.

3. What are you most looking forward to this year?
I don't think I can choose one thing, so I'll give you a rundown of my T-5 (top 5...my students and I use the "T-5 scale" in class).
5. Watching Braeson and Addison play t-ball.
4. Going to Anne Frank's house.
3. Meeting Cash's family.
2. Every moment spent with the most amazing boyfriend in the world...
1. This summer.


4. If you could write a book about anything, what would it be about?
Someone's life. I'd love to write a biography or historical fiction account of someone in the Holocaust. I'm a little obsessed! Any history fascinates me, and I'd love to write, even fictionally, about events that took place. My goal is to one day write enough books/short stories to give my students for every unit we study.

5. What is your greatest passion?
My relationship with Christ. I know, not original, but it is the foundation of my life. Nothing would be built if not for that.

6. If you could change one thing about your life or yourself, what would it be?
That I could be with Cash everyday and stay in Arkansas.

7. Lastly, what is your favorite novel?
Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge. That book made me feel like such a daughter of the King. It inspired me to lead 2 Bible studies, host a banquet, and pour into the lives of young girls about the special qualities they are made with. I read it over and over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment